A highly experienced risk management team continues to use derivatives to minimise the Group’s exposure to market movements and also offers this service to customers. The provision of this service has helped the group to develop closer relationships with counterparties whilst simultaneously increasing revenues.
The Group is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority of the United Kingdom. The purpose of the Authority is to ensure the following:
- senior management are accountable for their capital markets activities, including principal and agency responsibilities
- there is a positive culture of proactively identifying and managing conflicts of interest
- there is orderly resolution and return of client assets
- firms’ business models, activities, controls and behaviour maintain trust in the integrity of markets and do not create or allow market abuse, systemic risk or financial crime
- market efficiency, cleanliness and resilience is delivered through transparency, surveillance and the supervision of infrastructures, as well as their principal users
- firms, acting as agents on behalf of their clients, put clients’ best interests at the heart of their businesses